Hawkins Precision makes a wide variety of bottom metals to fit every application in the precision rifle market. From the ultra-light Oberndorf to our M5 DBM we have you covered. Please scroll down to see the full line-up of our precision rifle bottom metals. Hawkins Precision bottom metals are the best in the industry.
Click HERE to view our scope ring and bottom metal weights.
Recommended torque – 55-in lbs. unless specified by your stock manufacturer.
Have Questions – Read our Guide on Precision Rifle Bottom Metal
M5 Detachable Box Magazine (DBM)
Hawkins Precision M5 Detachable Box Magazine Rifle Bottom Metal is designed specifically for precision shooting. CNC-machined from a single piece of billet aluminum, this precision rifle bottom metal incorporates a barricade stop in front of the magazine well, and has a drafted magazine port. Our M5 DBM also includes a patented cantilever spring release that will not open under recoil.
- Fits Remington 700 and Remington Clone actions.
- Fits M5 inlets (Will not Fit a Standard Remington BDL Inlet)
- Uses AICS magazines.
- Short-action version will work with AW magazines if your action is cut accordingly. Please use our longer latch for proper feeding.
- Comes standard with action screws and bedding pillars.
- Available in: Short Action, Medium (Zermatt/Lone Peak/Stiller/Defiance XM+), Defiance XM, Long Action (3.715″), and CIP with AICS 6715 magazines, CIP+ Length 338 Lapua (3.850″ Accurate & MDT Magazines)
Oberndorf Bottom Metals
Lightweight and premium quality, the Hawkins Precision Oberndorf Bottom Metal is a CNC-machined masterpiece. Our patented cantilever spring release ensures the floorplate will not open under heavy recoil for large magnum caliber rifles. Our Oberndorf bottom metal is extremely popular for lightweight, long range hunting rifle builds.
- Available for Remington 700 (and REM 700 clones) in short action and long action.
- Long action bottom metal weighs 2.6oz, short action weighs 2.5oz
M5 Oberndorf Bottom Metals
Hawkins Precision M5 Oberndorf bottom metals are born from our famous Oberndorf bottom metal, with one exception, they fit a standard M5 inlet. This bottom metal is precision CNC machined, lightweight and is designed for Wyatt extended length box magazines.They feature a reversible and adjustable mag/floorplate catch, and have a thicker floorplate that provides less spring pressure and added reliability when loading 3 Ultra mag cartridges. These are the perfect pairing for your M5 inletted hunting stock. Will not fit a BDL inlet stock.
- Available for Remington 700 (and REM 700 clone) actions in Short, Medium (Lone Peak/Zermatt/Stiller/Defiance XM+) and Long Action cut for a Wyatt box mag
- Verify your action is cut for a Wyatt’s Outdoors Extended Box. Contact the manufacturer.
Hunter DBM (Detachable Box Magazine) Bottom Metal
The Hunter Detachable Box Magazine (DBM) bottom metal is designed for shooters that are looking for a flush mounted bottom metal that will accept flush magazines. The DBM is machined from a single piece of billet 6061 and features a patented cantilever spring release that will not open under heavy recoil. The magazine release is also adjustable, sleek and all but impossible to actuate accidentally.
- The Hunter DBM is made to fit into an M5 inlet. Will not fit a Remington BDL inlet.
- It is available for Remington 700 actions, and all Remington 700 clones. Comes with pillars and action screws.
Short Action Weight: 2.8 oz
Medium Length Action Weight 3.0 oz (Lone Peak, Zermatt, Stiller & Defiance XM+ actions)
Long Action Weight: 3.4 oz
Long Action Hunter DBMs require gunsmithing in factory length factory Remington 700 actions
Zermatt Origin Long actions after serial number 05000 will accommodate the Hunter DBM
- Short Actions: Hawkins Flush Hunter Magazines / AICS 5 and 10 round 308 (3901 – 5 Round / 3902 – 10 Round)
- Medium Actions: Hawkins Flush Magazines / MDT XM Length 10 Round Magazines (Lone Peak, Stiller, Zermatt)
- Long Actions: Hawkins Flush Hunter Magazines (will not work with 5 round CIP length AICS, MDT, or Accurate magazines)
Browse our dealers and see where you can buy Hawkins Precision bottom metal!